agnès films has been showcasing the work of women and feminist filmmakers for ten years. Now, we are seeking passionate writers and film enthusiasts to join our team and write pieces about independent and mainstream films, documentaries, TV shows, and film festivals. Although it is an unpaid position, it provides you with publication in a journal that’s read by over 15,000 people in 150 countries each year.
All our writing and communication is done remotely and primarily over email and Google Drive, so writers can work from home and set their own hours and timelines.
Our writers have the opportunity to:
- Review screeners of independent films and TV shows and engage with them from an intellectual and constructive perspective.
- Write about films and TV shows that they are passionate about and about their own creative process if they are filmmakers.
- Attend film festivals as members of the press and write about their experience and the films they watched.
- Finetune their film criticism and interview writing skills through interactions with our developmental and copy editors.
- Become familiar with the publication process of an internationally known publication.
- Share their writing and ideas with a sizable, international audience.
- All our writers have profiles where they can share their portfolio, websites, and social media pages, in order to receive more exposure to their work.
- We have an active social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and promote our writers and their work on it.