Davis Feminist Film Festival CFE
The Davis Feminist Film Festival (DFFF) is now seeking submissions for its 2015 Festival!
The Davis Feminist Film Festival is a grassroots event that uses alternative media as a springboard for linking art to social issues. The goal of the festival is to showcase independent film spanning documentary, narrative, and experimental genres in order to explore perspectives often missing from mainstream media and culture. Now in its 10th year and with an increasingly international in scope, the festival provides an inclusive public space for under-represented artists ?particularly women and people of color? to raise consciousness about gender, race, class, sexuality, and other dimensions of social inequality. It is a fun, inspiring, community-building event or artists and audiences alike!
The deadline for submissions has been extended to January 12th.
The Davis Feminist Film Festival welcomes films from professionals, students, and community members locally, nationally, and internationally. People underrepresented in the media field are especially encouraged to submit a film for consideration.
The Davis Feminist Film Festival is a short film festival. Films must be shorter than 35 minutes in length.
Films submitted to the festival for consideration must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Films created with an eye for gender and social justice issues
- Films that link local and global issues
- Films created by people underrepresented in the media field (women, people of color, queer/transgender, disabled)
- Films made by people from the Davis/Sacramento area
A completed application includes
- Entry Submission Form
- Signed Submission Agreement Form
- Film Synopsis (250 word maximum)
- Short 1-page Cover Letter addressing how your film fits at least two of the submission criteria
- Short 2-page Resume/CV
- DVD of film (must be formatted for the United States, Region 1 or 0)
- Label your DVD with: 1) your name, e-mail address, telephone number 2) the name of the film, 3) Run time in minutes and 4) Format
For more information about the DFFF, visit their website.