Deadline: March 2, 2012
Festival: March 27, 2012
We are looking for films of high artistic quality that satisfy at least two of the following criteria:
1. Films created with an emphasis on gender and/or social justice issues
2. Films that link local and global issues
3. Films created by people underrepresented in the media field (women, people of color,
queer/transgendered people, people with disabilities)
4. Films made by people from the Central Illinois area
How to submit:
Send a DVD or videotape of your film and a cover letter to:
Central Illinois Feminist Film Festival
Women’s Studies Program
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, IL 61920
Attn: Robin Murray
1. Films should be short: under 60 minutes in length.
2. Film DVD or videotape should be labeled with a) your name, address, and email address and
b) the title of your film.
3. You should email us an acknowledgement at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. In your cover letter, explain how you and your film fit our criteria and include a two-three
Note: There is no submission fee for this film festival.
This film festival promotes the mission of our Women’s Studies Program: to promote an understanding of how issues related to gender, age, race, economic status, sexual identity, and nationality affect women’s lives and the communities in which they live. In order to promote an equitable and sensitive environment for all persons, Women’s Studies also responds to issues affecting women on campus and in the community.