Film-Philosophy Conference 2011
Liverpool John Moores University
July 6, 2011 – July 8, 2011
Film-philosophy continues to grow as an important discipline within the fields of both Film Studies and Philosophy. We invite researchers in this area to submit proposals for the 2011 Film-Philosophy Conference to be held in Liverpool, UK.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
We are open to any topics on the subject but would particularly welcome papers in the following areas:
– Film and phenomenology
– The ontology of fiction in film
– Fictionalism and film
– Significant auteurs
– New approaches to film and philosophy
– Considerations of individual films
– The debate between continental and analytic philosophy in relation to film
– Films about philosophy or philosophers
– Animals on film
– Science and film-philosophy
– The methodology of film-philosophy
– Philosophy of film adaptation
– Film-philosophy and computer games
– Film style
– Media convergence
– Philosophy and film economics
Abstracts should be 200 – 300 words long and papers, including clips – which we strongly encourage – should not exceed 25 minutes. We accept panel submissions with a maximum of three speakers and a length of 90 minutes.
Deadline for proposals: 18 March 2011
Both individual and panel proposals must be submitted through the conference website (no initial cost involved): http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/index.php/conf/2011/about/submissions
You must register a free account with the conference website in order to submit a proposal.
Attendance registration now open: 90 GBP / 55 GBP (students/unwaged). Day rates available. Please note that registration does not guarantee acceptance of proposal (there is no cost attached to submitting a proposal, but the registration fee is payable if your paper is accepted).